Ermita de la Virgen de Cilleruelos. Cuevas Labradas
The path that takes us from Cuevas Labradas to the Hermitage of the Virgen de Cilleruelos is of great beauty.
In the vicinity of the hermitage, there is a picnic area with covered huts for making a fire, tables and chairs, a fountain and toilets, all surrounded by a large wooded area.
The Virgen de Cilleruelos Chapel has a covered nave with a wooden roof and a polygonal chancel. The nave is divided into three bays with arches that, given the width of the nave, are divided into another three, all of them pointed, except for the two lateral ones of the second arch. The central arch, with more light and greater height, is supported by columns, while those on the sides serve as aisles.
According to Herbert González, there are documents of the existence of the Priory of the Virgin of Cilleruelos in the 12th century, specifically around 1194. It was founded by Cistercian monks from the Monastery of Poblet. In the 18th century, this priory still belonged to the Monastery of Piedra. It received pilgrims from Peralejos, Cuevas Labradas, Alfambra, Orrios, Escorihuela, El Pobo, Cedrillas, Monteagudo, Corbalán, Escriche, Valdecebro, Villalba Baja and Tortajada.