NOT TO BE MISSED
Complement your visit with:
At your way:
From water to sulphur – go to page
Between watercourses and hiding places – go to page
The cross of the three Kingdoms – go to page
Route of the narrows of the river Ebrón – go to page
Altitude: 1.051 m.
How to get there?
Tormón is 43 kilometres from Teruel, in the direction of San Blas, on the local road A-1513, then take the turning towards Rubiales on the VF-TE-13. See map
Puente de la Fonseca, marvellous landscapes that have been formed by the passage of water.
Calicanto waterfall, spectacular waterfall where the river Ebrón flows through one of its narrows.
Molino Alto, near the waterfall.
Springs and narrows (”estrechos”) of the Cañamar.
Las Tejoneras, rock formations.
Viewpoint La Cueva de la Tía “Melguiza“.
Cave of the Maquis in the “Ceñajo el Verde”.
Hiking trail from Tormón to Ródenas.
Archaeological site of Los Castillejos.
HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL HERITAGE
Cave paintings. This is one of the most interesting sets of Levantine paintings in the province. They are located in the area of the Casa del forestal
The ”Abrigo (‘shelter’) de la Cerrada del Tío Jorge’ or ‘Tío José’, discovered in 1924 by H. Breuil. The shelter only preserves the front part of the representation of a bovid, in dark red. The start of the front legs, the half close to the body, the neck and the head (crowned with two large semicircular horns, in a twisted perspective) have been preserved. The auroch is depicted obliquely. The figure is 20 cm high and 19 cm wide.
Abrigo de la “Paridera”.
Abrigo de las “Cabras Blancas”, is undoubtedly the most important cave station in the Tormón area. It has two friezes decorated with small white paintings. In the upper panel, the main one, there is a complex scene of hunting caprids, made up of 5 anthropomorphs (some of which carry bows), 7 goats (several of them pierced by arrows), 1 doe and 1 specific quadruped. In the lower panel, only a reddish-coloured archer in a dynamic attitude, a white anthropomorph and other remains of red paintings are preserved.
Ceja de Piezarrodilla Cave, two figures have been found at the site. The first, located on the left-hand side of the shelter, is small and has been painted in red paint. It represents a rough wild boar. The second, known since 1924 and located on the right side of the shelter, is very complex and represents a large bovine of great naturalism, probably repainted three times in different shades.
Church of the Nativity, 17th century, Renaissance-Baroque style. It has three naves, with the central nave covered with a half-barrel vault with lunettes and a groin vault on the sides. In the tower, located at the foot of the church, two different construction periods can be distinguished. The first corresponds to two square sections, with an octagonal section added at a later date.
Hermitage of San Cristóbal, 16th century. Baroque construction with a masonry nave with a gabled roof. The dome with lantern stands out.
Forest house with nearby cave paintings.
Castle, 11th century. Originally, this castle probably formed part of the defensive line of the Taifa of Albarracín. It is located on the top of a crag that dominates the village and was built in masonry. It is now in ruins, with few remains preserved.
Roof tile shop. Recently restored.
FESTIVALS AND TRADITIONS
San Cristóbal, 10th July.
Summer festivals: La Asunción de la Virgen and San Roque, 15, 16 and 17 August.
San Rafael, 24th October.